Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostalover360

Daffodils are comming up anyone else seeing theres?

hostalover360
14 years ago

I have some Daffodils nosing there way up along the south side of my house, where the snow melts first. My aunt also has some daffodils sprouting along the south side of her house. But it's way to early for Daffodils in the main gardens to sprout. I was wondering if anyone else has seen there daffodils sprouting yet?

Here is a picture in the link below

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (12)

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    14 years ago

Daffodils here are in full bloom, and very welcome. Al

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    14 years ago

I'm with Al......daffs here in full, sunny, golden bloom :-)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone else has seen there daffodils sprouting yet?
    I had some sprouting in Dec and Jan. I'm looking forward to the snow cover leaving so I can see what others may have emerged by now.

Pics, pics then if you folks are enjoying them in full bloom!

Please....

Sue

• lisa33
    14 years ago

I saw one intrepid daffodil poking through the mulch about a month ago, and then we got bombarded with several major snows and haven't seen a glimpse of the ground since. I'm sooooo looking forward to spring! I planted 100 daffodil bulbs in November (along with a couple hundred other assorted bulbs). Can't wait!

• hostalover360
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Daffodils Already blooming! well wouldn't that be a treat at the end of Febuary! I was surprised enough to see that I had some coming up, They are always early on the south side of our house, Daffodils in my main sun garden wont be sprouting until around Mid to late March.

Actually last Spring I addidently left a pot of daffodils half burried in the ground! I was meaning to plant them later but I forgot, and even those are coming up! I sure hope them being partly exposed to the cold didn't harm the bulbs any! the ground is mostly unthawed next to the foundation of our house on the south side so I was able to get to pot off them and put them in the ground with very little root damage!

Here is a pic of what the pot of daffodils looked like the other day after being in the ground for nearly a year! What do you guys think, do I have a good chance that these will survive? the sprouts seem healthy, and the bulbs don't seem squishy or have a bad smell, like what happends to most of my daffs!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Nancy
    14 years ago

Mine have been coming up for a couple of weeks, yesterday I had one lone crocus blooming, today I have 2. That looks like a healthy pot of daffs to me, I bet they will bloom fine.

• kentstar
    14 years ago

Wouldn't know yet. Too much snow cover! But, I can't wait either to see what is emerging!

• scully931
    14 years ago

Wait, let me dig through the twenty feet of snow we have.

Nope...nope...

Don't see any yet.

>:-

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Mine as well as snowdrops were poking through before a foot of snow buried them a couple weeks ago. :-(

• mindysuewho
    14 years ago

In South Jersey, mine are just up out of the ground. They are old King Alfreds.

• melaroma
    14 years ago

I have them popping up everywhere and was wondering if this is the usual time for them to pop up as we have been having warmer that usual weather. Anyone know when they are suppose to pop up in Zone 6? I was kind of worried but seems like I am not the only one. Thanks.

• courtcourt
    14 years ago

I have foliage coming up, but no blooms yet in the TN valley.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County