Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When does spring bulb folliage die?

Posted by valtorrez MO (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 0:17

I would like to replant bulbs that were planted by previous owner due to the area these are in I want to plant daylillies. Currently all folliage has grown up and I now have hycinthas and daffodils. When can I move these bulbs? Is there a certain time/way to replant because they currently look like little bouquets and I kind of want to keep this look?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When does spring bulb folliage die?

I usually replant mine late spring early summer before the garden gets too stuffed with perennials.
Wouldn't it be easier for you to just leave them there and plant Daylilies among the bulbs? The Daylily foliage will hide spring bulb foliage while it stores more nutrients for next season.

o

That just might work. I will take out only a couple of bulbs so that they will not interfere with the Dl's growth.

o

I have daylilies and bulbs planted together on purpose.

o

If you have room leave the daffoldils and plant daylilies around them. This way you have two flower shows for the price of one. The daffs in the early spring and in that same gardenbed, daylilies in the summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here