Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Lily bulb sale this Sunday March 13 at the Chicago Botanic Garden

The Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society will hold it's spring lily sale this Sunday, at 1 pm, followed by a lecture, "How to put glam in your garden with lilies". Both the sale and the lecture are open (enthusiastically so) to non-members. Sale is at 1 pm, lecture at 2 pm. You will find many favorites plus exotic varieties offered for sale, from a top quality lily vendor, such as cannot be found in stores.

It will be held in the Garden View room, in the Gateway Center.

As an FYI, The Botanic Garden charges $20 to park, but you may already be a member or belong to the American Horticultural Society, which gets you in free.

Comments (2)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

So what did you get? Good prices?

I had kind of thought about asking you to do some 'shopping' for me, but then decided against it.

Sue

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As it so happened, I couldn't go myself! My college student daughter came home on spring break, and she needed help on a project. She was shooting photos, and daylight and two parents were required as actors and go-fers.

Staying away from temptation was probably good for me anyway. I was looking at lily photos from last year in my garden, and I realized that even though I write everything down, I didn't remember many of those I saw (I have a pink one like THAT?!).

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6