Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How deep should I plant bare root Liatris bulbs or corms?

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 0:30

At a Flower and Garden show 2 days ago I bought some bare root white Liatris bulbs or corms. I have only bought these potted before, never in bulb form (I did not even know they were bulbs/corms until recently). With the extremely warm weather we have been having, I think I need to get these in the ground as soon as possible. There are no sprouts as of yet.

How deep should I plant them? And, should they be planted individually, or as a cluster to make a good sized clump? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How deep should I plant bare root Liatris bulbs or corms?

Liatris are pretty forgiving. I don't know for sure, but I'd plant them around 4 inches deep. And they multiply like weeds, so I'd spread them out. Just my two cents worth.

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here