Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you transplant sprouting Bulbs without killing the flowers?

Posted by pommes 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 3:38

Hi everyone. Question: I have either some Tulips or other types of bulbs sprouting up right where my future veggie rows were planned,,,,from the previous land owner.

A big clump of them are coming up for example where a row of Cabbage is planned.

Is it true that you can transplant sprouting Tulips without killing off the flowers for this Spring season?

Or, would it be better just to plant veggie seeds around the Tulips and just allow them to be part of the mixed culture? I'll have anyways other beneficial flowers mixed in with the Veggies. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you transplant sprouting Bulbs without killing the flower

I think if you can take a clump of dirt with the bulbs, you should be fine. The bloom has already been formed in the bulb, so it should bloom regardless. If it is disturbed a lot, the bloom may not last as long.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here