Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midnighttulip

My Flower isn't growing why?

midnighttulip
15 years ago

hi i am getting concerned about my flower! it hasn't been growing for the past year! ive had this bulb for about 6 years now, when i first got it it grew fast it even bloomed in about 15 days! but now it has leaves on the floor...they dont even stay up anymore. it does have green leaves and it has another bulb with leaves coming out of it. this is the type of bulb it is

http://viette.poweredbyindigo.com/images/products/AmaryllisRedLionS.jpg

it is an amaryllis red lion. the first 3 years it bloomed a big long stem with four flowers, then the next 2 years just 2 flowers and this year none! i dont even see the stem from the center trying to come out!

i have removed 3 bulbs about 2 years ago, and had them replanted they are still growing and have not bloomed yet, but they are getting bigger!

the one single bulb i had at the begening is now looking huge i have not dug it out, but yesterday when i was planting some daffodils i was digging and i dugg too close to the bulb and i saw a huge bulb, i did accidently stabbed it. will it dry up?

should i dig the amaryllis bulb(s) out and seperate the bulbs from the original bulb? r should i wait? the plant doesnt seem to dry out all year long! it acctully bloomed during the summer one year, which was unexpected.

thanks in adv.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz