Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tigrida leaves with brown spots

Posted by marni37 France zone 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 25, 09 at 4:41

Last year I had great success with Tigrida bulbs, but this spring the new leaves which are sprouting are covered in brown spots. Any particular reason? Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tigrida leaves with brown spots

The manner in which they were kept over wintr might suggest something. In your zone I suppose they were left in the ground--possibly heavily mulched. Such leaves that pop up in spring, might have insects that hide in such mulch and the leaves are thought a tasty meal.
Brown spots can occur if watered too heavily or possibly where sun can directly hits the leaves when wet.
Insects that do attack outdoor plants, much like they do houseplants, might be from aphids, whiteflies or mealybugs.

Tigridia pavonia likes to come into the world in a cooler spot and grow into the sunlight. Stakes might be used to support the stem if necessary.

o
RE: Tigrida leaves with brown spots

Thanks Jeannie for your reply which I have just read. There are no sign of insects, so I think probably it has been the sun on the leaves when they were wet. They are growing so I am pleased about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here