Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

2009 ADS Daffodil Events & Show Calendar

Has anyone attended a show yet this year?

Has anyone exhibited yet this year, or does anyone have plans to exhibit?

Over the years I have attended several Daffodil Shows, but this will be the first year for me to enter any daffodils (hopefully). The first one is this Sat April 4th in Jeffersonville, IN.

The second one is April in Indianapolis, IN.

Does anyone belong to The American Daffodil Society(ADS)

Does anyone belong to a state or local Daffodil Society? There are several of them.

I belong to the IN Daff Society, and will be joining the ADS at the urging of many daff loving friends.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: 2009 ADS Daffodil Events & Show Calendar

Comments (5)

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    15 years ago

Wow! Good luck! hope you do well!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks! Later today I will go out and look to see if there might be any that are 'show' worthy. Most of what I have is either new (thus maybe just one or two blooms per variety), or are not in bloom yet. I hope I don't embarrass myself with what I take, but I guess all exhibitors were new at one time.

Sue

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    14 years ago

Good luck tomorrow Sue.
    These shows will give you a great excuse to add more and more daffodils.... just to make sure you have plenty to chose from on show day!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping this up, as there are numerous shows coming up across the country yet.

April 18-19, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    April 18-19, Columbus, Ohio
    April 18-19, Northeast Regional Show, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    April 18, Washington, Pennsylvania
    April 21-22, Morristown, New Jersey
    April 21-22, Towson, Maryland
    April 22-23, New England Regional Show, Greenwich, Connecticut
    April 25-26, American Daffodil Society National Show, Glencoe, Illinois
    April 25-26, Nantucket, Massachusetts
    April 25-26, Youngstown, Ohio
    April 28-29, Rye, New York
    May 02-03, Minneapolis, Minnesota
    May 02-03, Reston, Virginia
    May 02-03, West Boylston, Massachusetts

Even if you don't go to exhibit, you might like to go and see some of the many outstanding blooms of numerous cultivars. I am told there are approximately 25,000 different cultivars, though a lot of them are not grown in the USA.

Additionally, daffs will be on display at Holliday Park and Nature Center in Indianapolis until 5 PM today.

I am officially now addicted to collecting, growing, and showing daffodils and am no longer even eligible for a ribbon award as a 'Small Grower', which is awarded to someone growing fewer than 50 cultivars. Yesterday's show (at Indianapolis) was what sent me over the top, as I entered several blooms and did quite well (I was told) considering I was a total novice....more on that in the other thread later Some show results

Sue...pathetically addicted

• paddlehikeva
    14 years ago

Count me in as the addicted. I plan to attend the May 02-03, Reston, Virginia show. I will be in that area attending the American Azalea Society convention. I also have a fondness for native azaleas and one of the gardens on the tour has an extensive collection of natives. I will try to get a couple of daffodils entered before the azalea tour. And then return to the daffodil show during the dinner break of the azalea convention.

Here is a picture of my 2nd place winning entry in the 11b class at the Mid-Atlantic regional last weekend. This was my first show so I am pleased to have been awarded a ribbon. I entered two collections of five and two singles.

{{gwi:7039}}

Sue, I am anxious to hear about your show on Thursday. I saw some pictures on daffnet.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Azalea convention

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County