Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynthianovak

Bravoure

cynthianovak
14 years ago

Do you have this daffodil?

I have a daff that I planted in fall 2008. I don't remember the name, but this name keeps coming to mind. It is fragrant, white pernath. Yellow trumpet and the flowers are big on foliage that definitle could be a jonquila: more tumulare than flat. It's fragrant too.

BUT the trumpet on mine is short and very wide. The pics I've seen online show a longish yellow trumpet.

Anyone have personal experience?

Thank you

c

Comments (12)

• carol23_gw
    14 years ago

Is there one flower per stem? Can you post a photo?

Does it look somewhat like the link below?

Here is a link that might be useful: Narcissus 'Segovia'

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

I love Bravoure. It has the longest, most narrow trumpet I've ever seen. No mistaking this one.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Do you by any chance remember where you got it? On line? Big box store?

Can you tell what division if might be from the pics and descriptions at the link below? It sounds like it is probably a division 2. Often the cup looks like a short trumpet, or shorter than a Division 1 trumpet....Like Affair to Remember 2 W-Y and often it is more spread out like Big Gun, also a 2 W-Y.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffodil Divisions

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm really not sure. I thought it was Bravoure bought at B&B in the fall 2008. My memory is fuzzy about exactly when. None of the other names sound familiar. I've looked at every daff on their website and on VE's too!

I've tried to link to a photo here. If it didn't make it. I have a thread on this forun "First Tulips" It is photo #7 if you go to that thread. I'll post a message to bring it up to the top.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone recognize this daff?

• carol23_gw
    14 years ago

'Ice Follies'

Here is a link that might be useful: Narcissus 'Ice Follies'

14 years ago

I too think it is Ice Follies.

Here is a link that might be useful: More pics-click to enlarge them

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I agree it looks like ice follies, Same oft yellow and creamy whit...but I have that daff in other areas. The difference is this one is quite fragrant, the flowers are bigger. Literally as wide as the palm of my hand and they droop to make a lovely soft look. My Ice Follies are much more upright, the flowers aren't as big or fragrant.

Looking down on this daff is not very attractive, as if you are looking down on flamingos who are looking at the ground. But from a distance where I took the photo, they are smiling at you below their graceful necks. And the fragrance at night and morning is wonderful!

I am very puzzled and everyone wants to know the variety but I'm still scratching my head. I thought it was Bravoure but obviously it does not have a long trumpet.

you all are so kind to look and help
    c

14 years ago

I agree it looks like ice follies, Same oft yellow and creamy whit...but I have that daff in other areas. The difference is this one is quite fragrant, the flowers are bigger. Literally as wide as the palm of my hand and they droop to make a lovely soft look. My Ice Follies are much more upright, the flowers aren't as big or fragrant.
    It is possible I think that it could have come from Brent and Becky's as I don't think they always list all of the same bulbs every year.

You might try emailing them, attaching a pic or the URL of your pic, and explain how they differ from the Ice Follies you have, ie size, fragrance, slight droop. I'm betting they will be able to help you, if it did indeed come from them. It certainly looks like it is prolific, like Ice Follies.

Sue

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sue
    That was a great suggestion. I hope B&B's respond. Thank you!
    c

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

so far no response to my query. Maybe B&B don't recognize it either.

I wonder if it's a cross between Ice Follies and Bravour.

Oh well,

c

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Slim Whitman's first bloom finished a week ago. A descendant of Ice Follies and strongly resembles it. My nose cannot smell a daff at all.

We have had an enormous amount of rain and bulb blooms are larger because of it. Have never seen Rosy Cloud so big.

Hope B&B clears up the mystery.

• cynthianovak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Welllllll,
    the mystery lingers. Becky from Brent and Beckys was kind enough to respond. She didn't know, gave me the names of two sports of Ice Follies. Both unfortunately are dark yellow...think egg yolk yellow and one stands upright.

Maybe I have a new mutation. Regardless, it's a mystery.
    at least it is lovely!
    smiles
    c

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor