Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dobie1029

Question that has been asked a hundred times....

dobie1029
15 years ago

I know this question has been asked a bunch and I think I know the answer. Just wanted some reassurance from you all. I am a daylily lover and not really positive in my knowledge of tulips.

So I purchased some beautiful red tulips that are tipped in gold. I received them in early November and put them into the garage till I got a day to plant them. Come mid to late January I FINALLY remembered all those beautiful bulbs still out in the garage. They were kept in their white bag (with holes) back behind my husbands tool box the entire time. Since it was the back of the garage it rarely got any sunlight even when the door was open. We did have a rather cold winter for us. Several times it got down to the low teens.

There were two types of tulips that we forgotten. The pink ones are already starting to come up.

The beautiful red ones are what I'm worried about. There was no growth on them when they were planted in Jan and it stayed cold for another few weeks. Then it warmed up some (mid 60's) and we are now expecting snow tonight.

Lots of info for ya'll. I'm thinking they will be fine just a later blooming tulip than the pinks. What do ya'll think?

Thanks,

Jennie E

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio