Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hippieindenial

Bulbs Coming Up!!

TheHostaCottage
14 years ago

I was so excited this morning when I checked to see if the bulbs were coming up....located in Port Hope, Ontario.

{{gwi:7884}}

{{gwi:7886}}

{{gwi:7888}}

{{gwi:7890}}

{{gwi:7892}}

Comments (19)

• sunandshadow
    14 years ago

Yeah I've still got 8" of snow on the ground in some places, but where the snow melted revealing a tulip bed my housemate and I counted 25 tulip sprouts. ^_^ I just hope it doesn't snow again. (I'm in Pennsylvania)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    14 years ago

hey! That's not fair, your bulbs up there in Canada are further than my Pennsylvania bulbs! I'm also waiting for the snow to melt. The weather was beautiful today and as the snow goes away I found the crocus are up, one clump of daffs is appearing, and the snowdrops are coming up through the melting snow. Even if it snows again, there is hope for spring up here.

• kentstar
    14 years ago

We still have too much snow on the ground for anything! Hopefully this week it will melt some so I can see if anything is coming up at all.

• lila888
    14 years ago

Mine are coming up too! I am in Illinois.

{{gwi:7894}}

{{gwi:7896}}

• kentstar
    14 years ago

My crocuses are sprouting up! Yay!

• hostalover360
    14 years ago

I have Daffodils coming up too. My aunts are also coming up, I live in West central Wisconsin.

Here is a link that might be useful: daffodil pic

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Woohoo. Spring is finally arriving! Thank you for posting your pictures.
    Mine are showing up too. They might have all been there, but we had a foot of snow on the gound for months.
    It just melted away two days ago and this is what I found:
    {{gwi:7898}}

They might have been there under the snow all along.
    I have snowdrops in bloom too, but will have to take new pictures.

Keep posting your pictures, please.

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Pitimpinai, wow!!! what a garden you have...
    I want my front bed to look like yours!!!
    What is the name of this plant?
    Do you buy your plants or sow from seeds (wintersow?)?

I have paperwhites, a couple of snowflake and anemone blooming.

Can someone ID this one? Is it a type of allium? I had traded for an orange watsonia and this was in the same pot.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:7866}}

• flora_uk
    14 years ago

piksi hk - that looks like Scilla hispanica, Spanish bluebell. They come in blue, mauvey/pink and white. They spread rapidly so place them somewhere you don't mind having taken over.

February gold daffodils - a month late this year because of the coldest winter for 35 years.

{{gwi:7901}}

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

The yellow flower is Eranthis hyemalis, piksi.
    Thanks. I stuff my garden with all kinds of plants, bought, sown, gifts, traded....

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    14 years ago

Wow, you guys are ahead of me. Daffs just an inch tall, a few early Greigeii tulips breaking ground.

• lila888
    14 years ago

These crocus are blooming when I got back from the WILS lecture and bub sale.
    {{gwi:7904}}
    {{gwi:7906}}
    {{gwi:7908}}

• brit5467
    14 years ago

I just got my first few dwarf catab dutch iris last week week. First time planting them. Their color is so vivid. Too bad my pic doesn't pick up the pretty yellow inside. Ignore my pitiful pansies surronding it :) And those are daffys off to the left.

Have plenty of tulip leaves up, some as high as 8" and daffys that will be blooming soon. Also, my nearly dead Catmit plant I got on clearance and planted in late fall is popping up with some very healthy leaves !!

bonnie aka brit5467

{{gwi:7910}}

• hostalover360
    14 years ago

Boy have we had a lot of nice weather this past week! The Daffodils along the south side of my house are real tall now, and should be breaking into bloom any day! Even the ones which are away fro the house are an inch tall now!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4444575968_5ee65b2d30.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the daffodils on the south side. Yep any day now!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4443805423_5e2d175875.jpg

here is the sprouts in my main garden. Even there up a fair amount.

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Freezing my ...off this morning shooting these:
    {{gwi:7912}}
    {{gwi:7914}}
    {{gwi:7916}}

The rest of the garden is covered with snow. March weather is really unpredictable.

• hostalover360
    14 years ago

Ok I think I figured this out. I'm going to post a picture, I'm trying this for time so bare with me!

{{gwi:7918}}

I'm not sure how to shrink this down, but here are some Daffodils along the south side of my house. it will be a surprise what color they will be!

• Carla1
    14 years ago

Two of my snowdrops broke ground about a week ago. I'm so excited to see signs of spring!!!!

• ostrich
    14 years ago

Pitimpinai, I love your photography! It's spectacular! Would you mind telling us what techniques/settings you used, and what camera you used please? I am learning about photography and I would love to know how you did it! Thanks so much.

• pitimpinai
    14 years ago

Oh, ostrich, Thank you!
    I set everything manually.
    The Iris was set at f/5.6, 1/100 sec, ISO 250
    Daffodils: f/22, 1/30 sec, ISO 500
    Snowdrop: f/5.6, 1/400 sec, ISO 250
    Equipment: Canon EOS 40D, Lens: EF100mm f2/8 Macro USM
    I am still learning to use my equipment. :-P

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review