Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steveabc

Post your pictures of spring!

SteveABC
13 years ago

I always love to see what others are growing. post your pictures.

Comments (15)

• hostalover360
    13 years ago

{{gwi:8150}}
    Here are some Tulips sprouting in my garden where the snowpack has melted away here in Northwest Wisconsin! Were expected to have highs in the 40s and 50s all week so I suspect these will progress nicely! I also have some daffodils I'm hoping to see soon.

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

Corydalis solida

{{gwi:8151}}

General view of flower bed. Mostly February Gold and Tete a Tete - late this year and flowering at same time as Narcissus pseudonarcissus, our wild daffodil.

{{gwi:8152}}

Crocus 'Jeanne d'Arc' (Finished flowering a few weeks back.)
    {{gwi:8153}}

Nameless Crocus and double snowdrops - all long finished.

{{gwi:8154}}

• Donna
    13 years ago

Oh, Flora! Lovely pictures!

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    13 years ago

ahhhhhh. beautiful. We have sprouts too but blooms are still holding off. I may have a crocus by thursday! hah hah

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

I just love looking at everyones pics so thought I would post a few myself. Don't cha just love springtime!!!

White Tulip Tree

{{gwi:8155}}

Close up of bloom

{{gwi:8156}}

Another close up

{{gwi:8157}}

A few tulips

{{gwi:8158}}

{{gwi:8159}}

{{gwi:8160}}

{{gwi:8161}}

A few lenten roses

{{gwi:8162}}

{{gwi:8163}}

A few daffs

{{gwi:8164}}

{{gwi:8165}}

{{gwi:8166}}

Last but not least some hyacinths

{{gwi:8167}}
    {{gwi:8170}}

Sorry for so many but I kinda get carried away. I have already taken tons of pics and its just the beginning. Anxious to see more of everyone elses spring blooms. Judy

• Brian
    13 years ago

This is my first time uploading pictures on here, so hopefully they appear. These are the first bulbs to flower begining this week, with the parrot tulips being my favorite spring bulb.

{{gwi:8173}}

{{gwi:8175}}

{{gwi:8177}}

{{gwi:8179}}

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Beautiful tulips ocbrian. Would you mind telling me what the pink and white tulip is, I love it. Thanks, Judy

• ladychroe
    13 years ago

They look like "Claudia" to me, Prettypetals. The ones in my garden have come back for 3 years straight - a rarity for lily-flowered tulips.

• Brian
    13 years ago

Hi Prettypetals,

The purple and white lily tulips are "Ballade" and the pink ones are Apricot parrot tulips; both are from Van Engelen. Thanks for your kind comment!

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

It is so dangerous for me to look at pictures here. I lurked around here last year, but I have to say I have loved the result:

{{gwi:8180}}
    Pink Impression Tulips With two rows of Daffodils, Hungarian Rhapsody and Chromocolor,

Mixed bulbs...Dutch Iris, and several tulips

{{gwi:8182}}

{{gwi:8184}}

La Courtine and Fire Red tulips in center, Come Back tulips in back corner...shasta daisys and several true lilies beginning to peek through.
    {{gwi:8186}}

Azalea beginning to bloom:

{{gwi:8188}}

kay

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    13 years ago

Kay, I'm surprised no one has commented on your pictures, they look great. Are they really all new plantings? If so, great job.... if not, still a great job!

I think pink impression is now my favorite tulip. Also I think the ones I have are misslabeled since they seem lighter in color.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Wonderful tulips and daffodils. I dug this one up from my mom's after she died. So glad I have it.
    If you think it's another please tell me. Thankx.

Pink Charm (I think)

{{gwi:8190}}

• llover
    13 years ago

What a beautiful Daffodil! Great to have from your Mom! I really love the pink ones.
    Ellen

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    13 years ago

That is a very nice daffodil, I like the white center, it seems to highlight the pink... plus with the green all around, it's a nice setting too.

but I notice alot of pots in the background! I hope it's a nursery and not a pot ghetto like I have... all the stuff I took home with me but haven't (yet) found a spot for! lol

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

Thank you, kato-b, They are all new plantings..I love the way they have done. I had just casually opened this forum last summer, and I was in trouble ass soon as I saw the daffodils. Now, I have to have more! I plant tulips every year since I love them so. I have at least snapped off the pod to prevent seeds this year, and am fertilizing as bloom stops to see if I can get any kind of stand next year.

Iris_gal, That is a beautiful daffodil! I love the color.

kay