Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post your pictures of spring!

Posted by SteveABC 8 Dallas (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 13:19

I always love to see what others are growing. post your pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post your pictures of spring!

Photobucket
Here are some Tulips sprouting in my garden where the snowpack has melted away here in Northwest Wisconsin! Were expected to have highs in the 40s and 50s all week so I suspect these will progress nicely! I also have some daffodils I'm hoping to see soon.

o

Corydalis solida

Photobucket

General view of flower bed. Mostly February Gold and Tete a Tete - late this year and flowering at same time as Narcissus pseudonarcissus, our wild daffodil.

Photobucket

Crocus 'Jeanne d'Arc' (Finished flowering a few weeks back.)
Photobucket

Nameless Crocus and double snowdrops - all long finished.

Photobucket

o

Oh, Flora! Lovely pictures!

o

ahhhhhh. beautiful. We have sprouts too but blooms are still holding off. I may have a crocus by thursday! hah hah

o

I just love looking at everyones pics so thought I would post a few myself. Don't cha just love springtime!!!

White Tulip Tree

Photobucket

Close up of bloom

Photobucket

Another close up

Photobucket

A few tulips

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few lenten roses

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few daffs

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last but not least some hyacinths

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sorry for so many but I kinda get carried away. I have already taken tons of pics and its just the beginning. Anxious to see more of everyone elses spring blooms. Judy

o

• Posted by ocbrian z9/sunset 22/orange (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 17, 11 at 19:53

This is my first time uploading pictures on here, so hopefully they appear. These are the first bulbs to flower begining this week, with the parrot tulips being my favorite spring bulb.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Beautiful tulips ocbrian. Would you mind telling me what the pink and white tulip is, I love it. Thanks, Judy

o

They look like "Claudia" to me, Prettypetals. The ones in my garden have come back for 3 years straight - a rarity for lily-flowered tulips.

o

• Posted by ocbrian z9/sunset 22/orange (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 18, 11 at 21:51

Hi Prettypetals,

The purple and white lily tulips are "Ballade" and the pink ones are Apricot parrot tulips; both are from Van Engelen. Thanks for your kind comment!

o

It is so dangerous for me to look at pictures here. I lurked around here last year, but I have to say I have loved the result:

Photobucket
Pink Impression Tulips With two rows of Daffodils, Hungarian Rhapsody and Chromocolor,

Mixed bulbs...Dutch Iris, and several tulips

Photobucket

Photobucket

La Courtine and Fire Red tulips in center, Come Back tulips in back corner...shasta daisys and several true lilies beginning to peek through.
Photobucket

Azalea beginning to bloom:

Photobucket

kay

o

Kay, I'm surprised no one has commented on your pictures, they look great. Are they really all new plantings? If so, great job.... if not, still a great job!

I think pink impression is now my favorite tulip. Also I think the ones I have are misslabeled since they seem lighter in color.

o

Wonderful tulips and daffodils. I dug this one up from my mom's after she died. So glad I have it.
If you think it's another please tell me. Thankx.

Pink Charm (I think)

Photobucket

o

What a beautiful Daffodil! Great to have from your Mom! I really love the pink ones.
Ellen

o

That is a very nice daffodil, I like the white center, it seems to highlight the pink... plus with the green all around, it's a nice setting too.

but I notice alot of pots in the background! I hope it's a nursery and not a pot ghetto like I have... all the stuff I took home with me but haven't (yet) found a spot for! lol

o

Thank you, kato-b, They are all new plantings..I love the way they have done. I had just casually opened this forum last summer, and I was in trouble ass soon as I saw the daffodils. Now, I have to have more! I plant tulips every year since I love them so. I have at least snapped off the pod to prevent seeds this year, and am fertilizing as bloom stops to see if I can get any kind of stand next year.

Iris_gal, That is a beautiful daffodil! I love the color.

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here