Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When do I move crocus that have bloomed?

Posted by tangerine_z6 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 14:35

I want to move some clumps of crocus that are blooming right now to a different area. When is the best time to do this? Last year I planted annuals over them starting in May. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When do I move crocus that have bloomed?

If most of the leaves are yellow, you can move them. You might have to delay your annual planting by just a couple of weeks. Or, if you dig up a nice big clump of dirt with them, still waiting as late as possible, they might do all right, even if the leaves are still green. Crocus are shallower than many other bulbs, so it should be easier to get your shovel under them. Good luck.

Hepatica

o

You can do it right now. No need to wait til withering foliage. They are very hardy durable little corms, nothing stops them. I've moved many, even while blooming.

o

Thanks for your responses. I think I'll go ahead now and move them...things can't get much worse for them with the dog stepping on them now and again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here