Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider Lillies

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 16:39

Someone just gave me a bag of what I believe is lycoris radiata. This friend said they were red spider lillies. Since he dug them up now, I don't think they will bloom this fall, anyway. The folliage is still attached and there is some dirt on the bulbs. I don't have a really good place to put them right now. How can I hold them over for a few weeks? Should I pot them up? Clean them up and put them in the refrigerator?

bkay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider Lillies

I'd pot them up. These don't require chilling and I'm not a sure a refrigerator is good place for them :-) These bulbs tend to be summer dormant, so not too surprising there is still foliage present....it should die off and disappear as the weather warms. And no reason these bulbs shouldn't bloom on schedule in early fall......but I'd want them in the ground rather than just in a pot, so plant as soon as you can.

o
RE: Spider Lillies

Thanks.

bkay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here