Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring bulb planter

Posted by pattio2 z4b - ON (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 17:23

Was given a gift of a planter of spring bulbs, tulips, daffodills, hyacinth. Its all done now so I cut it all back. Can I save the bulbs? Where should I keep them? Can I replant them next fall?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring bulb planter

Do you have outdoor space to put them in the ground?

o
RE: Spring bulb planter

I am afraid that cutting it all back was probably a mistake. Unless of course the foliage had all died. Those leaves nourish the bulbs to make next years flowers. You need to wait for them to die down naturally before either lifting the bulbs and drying, or easier still leaving them in the planter where they will reappear next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here