Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need advice

Posted by gabriell 8a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 26, 10 at 17:48

Last year I was given a gift card to BloomingBulbs.com.I put bulbs in ground at proper time at right depth, did everything right. Nothing happened and I decided maybe they were old and did not pursue it. To my shock, they are all coming up this spring. I am shocked! This has been an unusually cold winter here in East Texas.I just don't understand why this has happene3d. Does anybody have any idea? I am really puzzled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need advice

What kinds of bulbs? What month did you plant?

If they are spring bloomers and were planted in the fall, they're on schedule.

o

Thanks for your response.They are Asiatic Lillies and were put in ground fall a year ago.They showed no sign of growth but one year later here they come.Just weird.

o

Asiatic lilies are very tough. They happily multiply in the ground here year after year, completely ignored. Al

o

So you planted them fall of 08? That is odd not to see anything last spring. It has happened to me when something happens to the bulb, like a very wet winter, or a late hard spring frost just as they are coming out. I think part of the bulb was damaged, but enough remained to recover to bloom the following year. Perhaps that is what happened in your case?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here