Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Delay bulbs from growing

Posted by dianemumm 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 19:32

Hi I have some perennial bulbs lilies that I want to delay in growing, what do you suggest? My thoughts are to keep cool but some are already growing pretty well.

also some have already lifted out of the pots and are growing about 4-6 inches tall, can I cut that off and will the bulb regrow or will it not..

I am not a expert in bulb growing,, so any suggestion would really appreciate it..

Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Delay bulbs from growing

At this stage the best you can do is to slow the growth by keeping cool and you can not keep in the dark or the stems will still grow but without any color. To cut off the growing stems the result will probably be no more growth EVER. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here