Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Advice needed on choosing callas

I tried these last year and was underwhelmed. I know lots of people on here really like them so I think I just chose the wrong varieties. I bought a bag of pink and one of purple. When they bloomed I could not tell which color was which, the flowers were small (about 2 ¼ long and 1 ¼ wide), and the color was muddy. Each corm had only one flower. Actually, I think some of them had only leaves. Considering the dearth of flowers, they had too many leaves. That would have been ok if the leaves were pretty. The leaves I got were narrow, floppy, and solid light green: not those pretty, white speckled, arrow or spathe-shaped ones I have seen in pictures. I saved the corms to try again next summer but they are not getting a prime location until they prove themselves.

I just went through the Brent and BeckyÂs catalog and all the colored ones I saw there had the pretty speckled leaves! I feel cheated : (

I would like to try again. I think IÂll just go for white this time. Can anyone recommend a variety that will have heavily speckled leaves? The more white on the leaf the better. Plus ideally, larger flowers. I have never seen the garden ones growing, only florist, so donÂt know what is "normal" in terms of size.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner