Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
narcissis

Posted by epw0946 b5 OH (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 22:29

I purchased narcissis flowers and they have flowered, beautifully I might add, now what do i do?? The blooms did not last long is that normal? Can they go outside? I would love to see them bloom again!!!
elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: narcissis

When you say Narcissis also more commonly known as Daffodils, you really open a wide range in types in what it could be. Anyway you can proably go ahead plant the bulbs outside, One important note though is make sure you leave the leaves until they die off naturally becuase that is how they get there energy for next season. You would proably even see flowers next spring! You can plant them along a southern exposure, like on the south side of your house for extra early blooms!

o
RE: narcissis

I wonder what type of Narcissi you purchased. If it's the Paperwhites, they may not be hardy in your zone. If they are those little yellow miniatures that we normally see in the store this time of year, they'll bloom again and again for you.

Are they similar to this one?
Photobucket

If so, you are in luck. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here