Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting Rouge Grape Hyacinth

Posted by Dovetail 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 23:01

Plant 1&2

Plant 3

while weeding I discovered that I have Grape Hyacinth! (thank you to "name that plant" forum goers)

Plants 1 &2 are blooming, but are in my lawn!
Plant 3 is under a bush and hasn't any blooms on it yet.

I'd like to dig all of them up and transplant them to a pot so that I can spare them from the lawn mower. (my Husband doesn't have any plant discretion. If it's in the lawn, it's a weed to be annihilated)

I do love these squishey little purple blubs, and never thought I'd actually have any of my own.

Would anyone be able to provide me some advice on transplanting them (I'd like to do so promptly if I can) and taking care of them? They seem to do fine on their own though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting Rouge Grape Hyacinth

Rampant propagators and tough. I'm in 6b as well and they have not started to bloom. If you transplant now you may not get as many blooms,,but next year will be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here