Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please ID my Daffodil

Posted by lila888 Z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 2:18

This daff has nice scent. Last year they ended up as cut flowers and the previous years I staked them out as their stem can hardly support their weight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you so much.
lila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID my Daffodil

I am not sure. Have you tried www.daffseek.com Maybe you could find it on there.

o

Without actually seeing it in person, and comparing it to the actual named variety, it is very hard to say with any degree of certainty just what it might be named.

Where did it come from?
Did it just come with the house?
How long ago?
Bought it?
Remember where? A big box store like Lowe's or Walmart?

I have a guess once those things are answered...but then again, it is just my guess.

Sue

o

Thank you Daffodilgirl for for the info. I am also trying to ID it myself thru the net but no result.

Sue, this daff came with the house. It is about 100 years old from what my husband told me. He is the third owner and never moved or touch anything from the garden except the peonies which he dug because of the ants. I am thinking that this is an heirloom.

Here is some more daffs from the garden.

Daffs
Bella Estrella Daff
Thank you
lila

o

I would guess that the last picture, the one with the white outer petals and the yellow cup is N. 'Ice Follies'. I grow them by the hundreds. The first pictures of the yellow one with the double cup may be N. 'Cheerfulness' but that is also just a guess.

o

John, thank you for the IDs. Even if you say they're just guesses, it is a start. I appreciate your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here