Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Identifying bulb colors

pippi21
14 years ago

Any suggestions how to go about marking the color of my tulips? I have no idea what color is planted where and I'd like to dig them up in the Fall and replant them over so they will all be grouped by color together, making more of an organized and appealing to the eye bed. Other than taking pictures with the digital camera, I came up with the thought of tying a pipe cleaner around the stem of the tulip that corresponds with the color of the tulip. Do pipe cleaners come in colors or if they come in all white, could I use spray paint to spray the pipe cleaner? I could always use plastic plant markers but they are all white and would stick out like a sore thumb. Open to suggestions. I also want to be able to group them according to color so I will know where the bulbs are planted so I can plant other annuals there to hide the tulip leaves as they are dying down. Do you cut the leaves off after the tulips have finished blooming or just let it die back naturally? I've done both and I don't think it makes any difference even though experts usually recommend you leave the leaves to die on their own. That seems to take longer than I have patience for!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations