Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone help ?

Posted by becki1983 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 6:21

Hello
My son bought home a bulb from school and we have re-potted it , but we have no idea what it is !! I was wondering if anyone could shed any light onto what it is , we were told it should grow to about 25cm and the flower but ours have grown beyond that and not flowered !!
Many Thanks
Becki
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone help ?

It looks like Oxalis. Often called the Shamrook or Wood Sorrel. There are several varieties mine has pink flowers. Planted in the garden here for ten years. Al

o

Yes, looks like Oxalis Iron Cross maybe, pink flowers. Semi hardy outside here in zone 6.

o

Thank you , hopefully it will flower soon :)

o

Hi becki1983,

If temperatures permit, you might want to set it outside. It doesn't look like it is thriving inside so it will likely not flower as it is.

You might update your member profile and put your location (United Kingdom) in the one box provided for the Garden Zone. See, I am zone 5/6 S INDIANA
By putting the info in your profile, it will automatically be shown whenever you make a post, asking or answering questions. Just follow the Member Pages link found at the bottom of any GW page.

hth.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Iron Cross Oxalis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here