Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daffodil varieties

Posted by sandy25pr z6 NY (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 9:37

Would like to add to new bed of daffodils and muscari. Last fall I planted "Milk & Honey" daffs. What varieties can I add that will complement them and that bloom at same time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daffodil varieties

Do you have a picture of Milk & Honey? I've never seen it.

o

Did you by any chance get the Milk and Honey from Brent and Becky's Bulbs? If so, it looks like it was bred by Brent and Becky (Heath) and Daffseek shows it to be a late variety.

Are there multiple blooms per stem?
Are they maybe fragrant?
Is the foliage rush like?

I see it has not been registered, yet anyway, and wonder why they gave it a name that existed already, just causing much confusion (imho) the daff collecting community...sigh.

3 different daffs named Milk and Honey, yet only one is registered...the one bred by William F.M. Copeland with its first flowering pre 1919.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Milk and Honey bred by Brent and Becky

o

Yes, I did get these from Brent & Beckys. However, only one small bloom per stem, fragrant and the foliage is rush like. Not offered in B&B Fall 2010 catalog.

o

However, only one small bloom per stem, fragrant and the foliage is rush like.
Probably once they are established in your garden soil, you will see multiple blooms per stem on at least some of them.

Ok...Daffseek has that listed as a late variety.

What varieties can I add that will complement them and that bloom at same time.
Since I tend to love just about all daffs, I really can't say what would complement them. I tend to just want them all.
I would suggest you looking over the varieties at Brent and Becky's and then when you see something you like, check it at Daffseek to see what bloom time is shown for it.
The only thing required on the Daffseek form to check for additional info, is the 'exact' daff name.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffseek query form

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here