Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enjoying Tulips at work

Posted by zaffisc Utah (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 11:07

With all our cold snaps, I decided to harvest a few tulips and muscari to enjoy at work. These sit in my office beside 6 Hyacinths waiting to be forced. I have another 2 dozen tulips sitting at our Reception area, and they are getting LOTS of compliments. Everyone is anxious for warmer weather to be consistent.
Happy Gardening everyone... Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enjoying Tulips at work

Lovely tulips but I'm looking at the hyacinths. You say they are 'waiting to be forced'. Do you have a plant for how to do that? They don't seem to have much in the way of roots. Were they kept in a cool dark place for several weeks? I'm not sanguine that they will flower successfully in a warm, light office environment. They won't make good roots there.

Mine look like this before they are brought into the light and warmth. This was taken in January this year. They are now long over and planted out in the garden.

o
RE: Enjoying Tulips at work

Yummy tulips! The purple of the grape hyacinths looks wonderful with them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here