Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
needing variety-

Posted by lilbrynn1 (lilbrynn1@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 11:33

I have bearded iris's in yellow, purple, and white....
i also have a few cannas... the cannas were given to me by a neighbor welcoming me to my new home. I have empty flowerbeds and i am looking for bulbs... i can trade a mix of iris's or $ if anyone has bulbs to spare or if they have plants to divide, there are a few things i am looking for in particular for sentimental purposes.. like "ditch lillies" as they remind me of my mother before she passed away my brothers got rid of her house and i never had an opp to go get some of the plants prior. I am also looking for a few lily of the niles( as this was the first plant my father ever gave me when he started building my love for plants when i was 10 yr. old ) and really just anything else with color as i want variety. i like trading out or making connections this way rather than going to a calloways or something as i much prefer the plants that will have stories about where they came from... i am a nerd.. it is ok... but i love it, it means something to me, plus my 5 yr old son loves going to the mailbox and finding new buddies for the yard...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: needing variety-

Hi lilbrynn1,

Welcome to Garden Web and The Plant Exchange. I'm not looking to trade but can provide the ditch lilies you are seeking unless someone comes along and has them and cares to trade.

I will be busy and away until Sun night, so if you care to just drop me an email, and please be sure and provide your member name, as I have a LOT of emails from GW.

In some parts of the country, tiger lilies are referred to as Ditch lilies... like these That is not the kind I have.

I have the ones like in the pic at the link below.

Again...Welcome and Happy Trading.

chemocurl...aka Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Ditch Lilies...aka hemerocallis fulva

o
RE: needing variety-

Agapanthus is pretty easy from seed. (Any crevice in concrete will do - lol!) You might want to think 'seed' as well as clumps and offsets for your Nile lilies. The evergreen ones come fairly true.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here