Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redsox_gw

Good source for Bearded Iris

redsox_gw
15 years ago

Are there bulb companies that carry irises exclusively? I am just looking for a good source.

Also, are bearded irises similar to German Irises?

Comments (4)

• kentstar
    15 years ago

Blue J Iris is a great place, but they are selling out of everything fast! They are exclusively iris. Not sure about the German irises though, sorry.

• Donna
    15 years ago

I believe "German iris" is the original name for bearded irises. The germans are not as tall as some of the new hybrid ones. If you do a google search for bearded iris, you should come up with a large number of iris dealers. I really like to order from ordinary citizens who grow in their own yards. They are often collectors and have more colors available than nearly anywhere. I have ordered iris from Select Seeds (they carry very old varieties) and also from E-bay sellers with good luck.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

You might want to ask too at The Iris Forum.

There is one ebay seller that you will want to steer clear of, as they bought massive quantities of no ID irises and then have them listed as named ones, complete with pics they have pilfered from big on line sellers.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Iris Forum.

• bertgarden
    14 years ago

I've had good luck with suttons and Blue J. The American Iris Society has a list of vendor on their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Iris Society links

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company