Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good source for Bearded Iris

Posted by redsox Z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 27, 09 at 11:38

Are there bulb companies that carry irises exclusively? I am just looking for a good source.

Also, are bearded irises similar to German Irises?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good source for Bearded Iris

Blue J Iris is a great place, but they are selling out of everything fast! They are exclusively iris. Not sure about the German irises though, sorry.

o

I believe "German iris" is the original name for bearded irises. The germans are not as tall as some of the new hybrid ones. If you do a google search for bearded iris, you should come up with a large number of iris dealers. I really like to order from ordinary citizens who grow in their own yards. They are often collectors and have more colors available than nearly anywhere. I have ordered iris from Select Seeds (they carry very old varieties) and also from E-bay sellers with good luck.

o

You might want to ask too at The Iris Forum.

There is one ebay seller that you will want to steer clear of, as they bought massive quantities of no ID irises and then have them listed as named ones, complete with pics they have pilfered from big on line sellers.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Iris Forum.

o

I've had good luck with suttons and Blue J. The American Iris Society has a list of vendor on their site.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Iris Society links

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here