Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulip newbie

Posted by pyxiwulf 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 7, 10 at 11:58

Forgive my total lack of knowledge, this is my first year with tulips, first time ever I have gotten bulbs to grow in the ground and not in a container, and my first ever blooms (I can't get potted narcissus to bloom for the life of me)!

My question is, does each bulb only give one flower a year? I know I read about some that I think said would have multiple blooms at one time, but mine appear to be singles, so does that mean I only get the one? I wish I could find my package with the specific one I have on it, but I can't. All I know is it's from Lowes and here is a pic of my first bloom:

Secondary question: my first bloom opened yesterday morning and then we had record highs in the 90s and it looks so sad now. Did it kill it? I have several more open today with similar highs expected again, is there something I can do to protect them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulip newbie

Yes, tulips only bloom one flower except for a few of the species that do multiples. I have several of them but can't remember the names. They are tiny.

No experience with tulips in that kind of heat, not sure what to tell you.

o
RE: Tulip newbie

Here in Maryland, it has been very hot for the last few days and ALL of my Spring flowers are wilting and crisping. I have no words for how mad this makes me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here