Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What you're favorite LARGE large-cupped Daffodil???

Posted by newhomeowner_2008 NJ (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 13, 10 at 12:43

I'll start...Fortissimo!

We have a large yard, and we just planted last fall in the back. This spring they have amazed me with their size. I'll upload pics. soon!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What you're favorite LARGE large-cupped Daffodil???

Ooops...meant "what are your" not "what you're"...geesh;)

o

After I read the Subject line, and before I read 'your' answer, Fortissimo immediately came to mind. It is huge, and so showy, and last year the blooms lasted so long. This year it seems the blooms didn't hold up as well, and I think the warmer temps, and strong winds might have been to blame.

Fortissimo at Daffseek.

Sue

o

for large cuped Daffodils, I like Ice Follie Daffodils! and I really like my all yellow Daffodils that I bought under the name "King Alfred" I like that They have nice large open cups, and there almost in full bloom right now!

o

I'm trying to think of another but for me it's also fortissimo!

o
RE: re: What you're favorite LARGE large-cupped Daffodil???

Ok, so I thought of another..... "amor". for me it's a nice large cupped flower that's long lasting. The pictures on daffseek are much more orange cupped than mine, mine are definately more yellow.

Still love it though.

Here is a link that might be useful: amor on daffseek

o

I have many favorites among the Large Cupped. I agree about Fortissimo It is among the first to bloom and I have it in a large grouping. Love it. Then I also really like Pineapple Prince, love the contrast
Pineapple Prince 4/10
also like Billy Graham, it's a little hard to capture it in a pic, it is such as nice pink cup with yellow petals.
billy graham
Oh, also Fragrant Rose, it does so well for me. Geezz, looks like I can't just pick one favorite. :) Cindy
Fragrant Rose 4/10

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here