Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do bunnies and squirrels eat giant and blue grape hyacinth?

Posted by philly_gardener 6 OA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 18, 06 at 12:48

Do bunnies and squirrels eat giant and blue grape hyacinth?

I saw some catalogs say that dear will not bother giant and blue grape hyacinth.

What about bunnies and squirrels ?

Thank you,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do bunnies and squirrels eat giant and blue grape hyacinth?

We don't have rabbits around our place but the aggravating Eastern Gray Squirrel does not touch our Muscari armeniacum (common blue one) though everything else in my garden seems to be fair game.

Simon

o

Lots and lots and lots of bunnies. Never had a problem with them eating hyacinth of any sort. Course I have crocus and lilies which they really love.

o

Yep.....sure do!!
Linda C

o

I've seen the occasional rabbit, and we have some very large, hungry red squirrels as permanent residents (bold too - I've had my toast stolen off my deck table when I just turned around to monitor the water table play). Neither bother my grape hyacinth (bulb or foliage) as far as I know, or my daffodils. I have deer that travel through my back yard - but they never come close to the house for a nibble.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here