Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bulbsdirect.com- Doesn't anyone know about this company

Posted by green_panther Upstate NY (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 08 at 13:11

I'm looking to make a few large purchases online within the next couple of weeks and BulbsDirect.com is VERY tempting! Almost too good to be true type of thing.

Has anyone had any experiences with them in the past?

Thanks - Miranda

http://www.bulbsdirect.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bulbsdirect.com- Doesn't anyone know about this company

Doing a search of bulbsdirect in the search box just below the threads on page one, yields one member who ordered and was pleased but it was back in 2006.

Sue...who will not be temped in any way to even go peek at their site for quite a while...sigh

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 posts found on the Bulb Forum via search

o

Thanks Sue!

DEF don't go on the site if you don't want to be tempted (110 summer bulbs for $12.99 & free shipping) *wink*

Watchdog does have four review for them now and they are all good. I think I will try them. Too bad they don't have any of the spring bulbs listed right now... maybe closer to the planting season.

Miranda

o

Compare the bulb SIZES from them to other companies, to make sure you're getting 'apples to apples'. Smaller bulbs are a bargain but are not top size for bloom. They'll take an extra year or two to mature for best bloom.

o

I just looked too. Tempting! Though they don't have hardiness zones listed for each variety (which is not surprising considering they are not in the US). So for things that might be borderline it's more work to have to cross-reference.

o

But where is the DAFFS, crocus, hyacinths, cholchicums?

I looked, but I can resist since they don't have those above listed at this time.

Sue...making note to self to keep a good eye on that site

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulbsdirect.com

o

If they are selling any of the above now I would be worried about the company since they should all be up and growing in your zone by now :o) Dan

o

I looked at their web site and they are apparently selling only packaged gardens. If this is what you want I think it is a good deal. Al

o

If they are selling any of the above now I would be worried about the company since they should all be up and growing in your zone by now :o) Dan
I'm confused as to what any of the above you are referring to.

They are not selling hardy spring blooming bulbs, that should be planted in the fall. They are selling things that are commonly sold and planted at this time of the year....imho.

Sue

o

What bluebonsai meant was a reputable bulb company doesn't sell spring blooming bulbs like daffodils and company in the spring. They are only sold in the fall, which is the right time to plant them.

o

Looks like a great site, great prices. I just ordered and says they are shipped. Use this code for an even better price GN1020059

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here