Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More daffs blooming (pics)

Posted by newyorkrita z6b/7a LI NY (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 13:20

Photobucket

A section of the other side of my front yard. There are Early Sensation daffs up top and tulips not yet open in front of them.

Photobucket

MARIA daffs.

Photobucket

Newly opened liitle guys.

Photobucket

Old daffs in the backyard.

Photobucket

Walkway to the porch. Daffs Maria on the right and York Minister on the left.

Photobucket

York Minister

Photobucket

Plenty of Tulips still to come not yet even started to open.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More daffs blooming (pics)

Lovely. It's interesting to see where you are in the seasons. About 5 weeks behind me.

Just a suggestion - I think the path would look good with the 2 varieties each side in clumps, not all of one sort on one side. More balanced.

You must have spent a fortune on bulbs!

o

I did buy a lot of bulbs, Tulips, Daffs and Dutch Iris. Plus it was quite lots of work getting them all planted. Plus they did add up but I was just in the mood to have lots of bulbs blooming this spring. I already know I will order more for this fall.

As for the way they are along the walkway, I guess each person has their own vision of what whould look best. I wanted them like this, each variety separate on the two sides, not mixed together. And I wanted them in that long wave, not separated into drifts. So I made it this way on purpose.

o

It looks great! What a nice springtime explosion of color, I would definately make a point of driving by your house a couple times to see the blooms.

.... and for the record i would have planted them a third way! lol, everyone has their own preference. I hope you post pictures of the tulips flowering.

o

Here are some new daffs blooming today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here