Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilies of the Valley

Posted by jennyappleseed 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 13:41

I just got a few pips of this plant and some were much more "grown" than the others, so planting was a bit confusing. The instructions were to plant an inch deep, horizontally, and with the pips just breaking the surface of the soil. However, some of the pips had already seemed to be growing into a plant. I had one about 5 inches long so I just buried the root. However, now the "plant" is lying on the ground. Should I have buried the entire 5 inch growth? Please help. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilies of the Valley

Is it green leafy growth? If so, no don't bury it. You want to bury the white runners though.

o

Well, I believe its green growth, but I do see some white so I am going to try to post a picture in a day or two. Thanks for your reply.

o

I hope you are able to see this photo. I'm thinking I need to bury more. Please let me know and thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Recently planted Lily of the Valley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here