Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Daffodil Recommendations

Posted by karen715 z5 IL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 14:48

I have some daffodils on my property that I love, but since I didn't plant them, I have no idea of the variety. I would really like to be able to purchase more like them--they don't have to be the exact same variety, just similar.

These daffs are blooming now in my Zone 5 garden. They are about 15-16 inches tall, from the ground to the top of the flower. They have the classic daffodil shape, with the petals and trumpet of about equal length. They are a clear bright yellow and the trumpets face upwards. The two most important criteria for me are the color and the orientation: I prefer them not to have too much of an orange tinge, and I really dislike daffodils that nod too much. (I used to have some that looked downright embarrassed to be blooming.) The least important factor is the height; I don't mind if they are taller.

Can anyone suggest varieties I should look for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Daffodil Recommendations

What you could do is go to Brent and Becky's Bulbs website and use their Search feature to look through their yellow daffs, and purchase a few varieties that look good to you.

Dutch Master or King Alfred might appeal to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: B&B search

o
RE: Looking for Daffodil Recommendations

Thanks. I do have a Brent and Becky's paper catalog. In fact, that is what inspired me to ask here. I can tell from the photos and descriptions what daffs have the right color, shape and height, but there isn't enough info on most of them about the orientation of the flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here