Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another impulse buy lol!

Posted by kentstar 5b, NE Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 15:25

I went to Lowes today for some top soil and came home with 16 potted hyacinths! (I did remember the soil)
Any chance they'll bloom this year? They were potted and sprouting out. I did plant them out in my gardens today too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another impulse buy lol!

Hmm, at my local Lowes the potted hyacinths were all budded already and some were flowering. If yours have buds, they'll flower. If they don't, I wonder if maybe you got some that already flowered and the flowers were removed when they were done? Were they on clearance or anything?

o

They are all just budding, no previous blooms on them. I just wondered because I've never planted hyacinths as anything but bulbs in the fall before. No, they weren't on clearance at all. But, for $1.50 a piece I couldn't pass up the opportunity lol. Lots of good rootsystems in the pots too.

o

Yeah, if they're budding they should flower. :)

o

Your funny Ken!! They will bloom! I have many Hyanciths and love them! They bloom forever compared to other ealry spring bulbs. The scent of a Hyancith is unbeatable!! Only draw back is that you have to stand on your head to smell them up close. Only advise I can give you on them is not to mulch to heavy. They are like Irises and do not like alot of mulch.

o

In my experiences with Hyacinths, yes they so smell heavenly! :) And, one drawback I found is that you have to put up with the foilage until after flowering is done and the leaves yellow. They can be unsightly then, until you can cut them back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here