Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lavender Mountain Lilies - How to plant, etc.

Posted by summerstar Z7VA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 15:52

I received a great coupon from Brecks catalog and decided to try Lavender Mountain Lilies. I read one description and it sounds like a very nice plant. The description said that they look especially pretty when massed so I'm considering putting in 10 bulbs per hole. What do you think?

Do they spread like daffodils do? If so, maybe I could plant fewer bulbs per hole. Do the bulbs last a long time? I just figure any plant this inexpensive has got to have something wrong with it!! What about voles/moles? I could protect them with some vole/mole product. Oh well . . .

I'd sure welcome any info as I don't know much about this bulb. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lavender Mountain Lilies - How to plant, etc.

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 16:20

That's the trouble with Breck's....they make up thier own name for an ordinary plant that others know by a different name.
In order to find out what you had bought I went to the Breck site and found the botanical name and then back tracked.
Because they are of the amalyllis family I would guess they will increase....but how rapidly I don't know.
Plant one bulb per hole, make more holes.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: lxiolirion

o
RE: Lavender Mountain Lilies - How to plant, etc.

I have just recieved lavender mountain lilies from breck's I also order bulbs from springhill nusery and they are also called lavender mountain lilies. I do believe they will spread like the daffodil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here