Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunandshadow_gw

wrong tulips coming up x_x

sunandshadow
13 years ago

Well, the first few of my tulips bloomed yesterday and today. One of the sets that opened is a very plain white tulip... of which I did not plan any. x_X And it can't be a volunteer or leftover because that bed is new this year, it had only sedum and periwinkle before. So now I guess I have to figure out which of the approximately 20 types of tulips I planted got swapped for these boring things, and try to convince the company to send me replacements for next year. I really hope they weren't the Ice Cream ones, I was particularly looking forward to those and they were the most expensive per bulb. Bad me for not writing down what I planted where though. -_-

The ones I do have accounted for so far are Apricot Impression (noticeably the largest tulips of the whole batch and the first to open), Claudia (except for being too tall these forced the best, as well as being among the first to open outside, they seem very hard although not really useful for breeding because the ovary is sterile), Yellow Crown, Yellow Spider (possibly my favorite), and an orange single which is either Ballerina or Aperitif (the flowers seem extra-fragile, a little wind and rain and they barely look like tulips - going to remove and discard those).

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts