Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trying to regain control......

Posted by rbigg fl (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 1, 10 at 17:06

I live on the corner. A backyard fence is approx 20' inboard of curb, and runs alongside the street maybe 40'.

In the past, we've had a bunch of bulbs planted there, which give it a nice appearance in the spring.

Now, we have a tremendous mess of vines of various kinds covering the whole fence. I'm now trying to get rid of them. Which is fine, except down in the flower bad on outside of fence, there is a whole mess of tangled vine roots, etc.

Haven't kep up with poisons for a period of years. I'm hoping there is something that will kill the vines, but let the bulbs keep blooming. Is there??????

All I can do next is kill the whole flowerbed, take everything up, and replant again in a year or so.

Any other ideas for our outlandish mistake of letting vines take over what we want?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trying to regain control......

If your bulbs are completely dormant with no foliage, there are herbicides which work through the leaves that would kill the vines without affecting the bulbs. You will need to identify the vines to find on the label of the herbicide to be sure it is registered for use on your vines. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here