Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do I do with dead Easter tulips?

Posted by lisa2004 NY Z5/6 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 21, 09 at 19:33

I've always planted bulbs in the fall, but I was given some tulips for Easter and now that they that the flowers are gone I'd like to plant the bulbs. Can this be done?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do I do with dead Easter tulips?

If I understand you, you were given blooming potted tulips which are now through blooming but still has green foliage. You may plant them in the garden now in a well drained spot where they won't rot from summer water and let the foliage die back as the bulb is replenished for next year. Most people do not think this worth the trouble for a tulip that will probably not bloom next year. The cost of tulip bulbs that WILL bloom is only pennies. Al

o
RE: What do I do with dead Easter tulips?

I have planted many, many spent potted bulb plants (including tulips) over the years and almost all of them have thrived. I was a florist and there were always some that didn't sell. I go around to florists and garden centers now and buy their spent bulbs cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here