Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unusual tulip, not at all like any tulips I purchased ever

Posted by aliska12000 Z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 19:58

I love the colors of this tulip. Is it possible it crossed with some yellow ones I purchased from another vendor and planted behind these? I've been cutting out the spent blooms, stems and all, after they're done because I read on here somewhere how to keep your tulips coming back every spring.

This is positioned in a row with some tulips from the Rain Parade collection from American Meadows. But there weren't any yellow or apricot shade at all.

The first photo is the tulip I have blooming today.

The second photo is what was about in that position last spring.

Third one is the bicolor one closer up. The second two photos were taken last spring. The first was taken today, April 28, 2013.

Tulip Spring 2013

Rain_Parade_Tulips2

Rain_Parade_Tulips3

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unusual tulip, not at all like any tulips I purchased ever

Lucky you. Those are just gorgeous!!!

I visited American Meadows looking for the Rain Parade collection and don't see it being offered.

o

They don't have Rain Parade any more, as I scrolled through their tulips. I've bought them 2 different years. The fringed ones usually don't come back but this one is in a bed facing south.

The pretty golden color faded to off white.

I'm really sorry they don't have those. They have an 800#. Maybe you could call them and ask what they have that might be comparable.

These naturalize, and I would think those of similar colors and shapes would as well. I think they are Darwin and Triumph so maybe you can make your own mix. I don't see a good red there tho. I kind of like the Purple Moon or Blue Moon collection, then fill in with others.

Miserable rainy cold but more bloomed and they were glorious. Good luck.

o

I love it! You are very lucky! How do you keep the deer from eating them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here