Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

First bloom pics!

kentstar
14 years ago

Just wanted to post some pics of my first experience with tulips and daffs lol. I think I found a new love.... lol

{{gwi:14378}}

{{gwi:14379}}

{{gwi:14380}}

{{gwi:14381}}

Apricot Impressions, 2 Corps de Ballet lily-flowering tulips pics and double campernelle daffs

I still have to figure out how to add the captions though sorry lol

Comments (16)

• ladychroe
    14 years ago

I really like those upward facing daffodils. Where did you get them?

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They are called Double Campernelles that you can get at Colorblends, White Flower Farm, and various daff online garden centers. I got mine at White Flower Farms.

Thankyou btw!

• lila888
    14 years ago

Kentstar, I really, really like your Corps de Ballet tulips. They're pretty! Thank you for sharing!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Great pics Kent! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry to say, but those are not Double Campernelle daffs. They don't even look like the Double Campernelle pictured at White Flower Farm.
    They either sent the wrong thing, or made a substitution.
    Possibly if you write them, and show them the pics, they can maybe tell you what daff you have. They may also want to make things right if they shipped you incorrect bulbs and send you the Double Campernelle this fall at the right planting time. Please keep us posted with what you find out.

Other pics of Double Campernelle at Daffseek

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Narcissus Double Campernelle

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Actually they are Double Camps. The pic was taken when they just started opening up and I went back outside today to check them, and they look just like your pics on the links! I will take some more tomorrow though.

Thanks for your concern :)

kentstar

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

kentstar - Sorry, way off topic here, but did you get your new statuary yet?

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You mean the two egyptian statues of Thutmoses? No, not yet. But, I'll be patient for a little while longer lol.

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Were they of Thutmoses? Nice. I'm the one who's impatient to see photos of them in your garden. :)

14 years ago

Actually they are Double Camps. The pic was taken when they just started opening up and I went back outside today to check them, and they look just like your pics on the links! I will take some more tomorrow though.

I look forward to seeing the new pics of Double Camp. I read in another post that you had bought the DC from Colorblends. In looking at what they sell, I found a Single Campernelle which look exactly like the daff pictured above. The one pic above is so unique, as the cup of most blooms are usually ruffled a bit as opposed to being rounded.

At any rate, regardless of its name, it is a very sweet and unique bloom.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffodil Single Campernelle at Colorblends

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you read my post above, it says I bought them at White Flower Farms. Not Colorblends, only that you can get them at Colorblends too. :)

14 years ago

Yes, my confusion....sorry. I deduced from your reply in this thread that you had also made a purchase of 'some' daffodils at Colorblends too, so thought that might have been where the one pictured above came from since it looks exactly like a Single Campernelle at their site.

Anywho..Looking forward to seeing how the single looking daff pictured above developed to look like a double.

Sue...off for more coffee.

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Schoolhouse, here is a pic of my statues. They are made and waiting to ship to me in the next couple of days. I can't wait to see them in person! :)

{{gwi:362}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    14 years ago

Did you order them from that website you posted in the Statuary Forum? Why are they sitting on a washer and dryer?? ha ha ha, well it just looks funny, sorry couldn't help it.

Thanks for posting the pics!

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wondered the same thing too! I noticed the washer and dryer and wonder...
    Any how they look nice. I hope they will look nice in the garden though.
    I will get more pics of the daffs tomorrow. I've been busy outside planting my Maria Stern rose. I'm all muddy and need a shower lol.

• kentstar
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Double Campernelles: Sorry about the blur :O

{{gwi:14382}}
    {{gwi:14383}}

14 years ago

Sorry about the blur :O
    Very pretty, anyway. Thanks for posting. It is nice to see bloom pics, as most are finished here for the season, or will be after the rains the past night and day.

Keep the pics coming...please

Sue