Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First bloom pics!

Posted by kentstar 5b NE Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 20:03

Just wanted to post some pics of my first experience with tulips and daffs lol. I think I found a new love.... lol

Apricot Impressions tulips

Corps de Ballet Lily-flowering tulips

Corps de Ballet tulips

double campernelle daffodils

Apricot Impressions, 2 Corps de Ballet lily-flowering tulips pics and double campernelle daffs
I still have to figure out how to add the captions though sorry lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First bloom pics!

I really like those upward facing daffodils. Where did you get them?

o

They are called Double Campernelles that you can get at Colorblends, White Flower Farm, and various daff online garden centers. I got mine at White Flower Farms.

Thankyou btw!

o

Kentstar, I really, really like your Corps de Ballet tulips. They're pretty! Thank you for sharing!

o

Great pics Kent! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry to say, but those are not Double Campernelle daffs. They don't even look like the Double Campernelle pictured at White Flower Farm.
They either sent the wrong thing, or made a substitution.
Possibly if you write them, and show them the pics, they can maybe tell you what daff you have. They may also want to make things right if they shipped you incorrect bulbs and send you the Double Campernelle this fall at the right planting time. Please keep us posted with what you find out.

Other pics of Double Campernelle at Daffseek

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Narcissus Double Campernelle

o

Actually they are Double Camps. The pic was taken when they just started opening up and I went back outside today to check them, and they look just like your pics on the links! I will take some more tomorrow though.

Thanks for your concern :)

kentstar

o

kentstar - Sorry, way off topic here, but did you get your new statuary yet?

o

You mean the two egyptian statues of Thutmoses? No, not yet. But, I'll be patient for a little while longer lol.

o

Were they of Thutmoses? Nice. I'm the one who's impatient to see photos of them in your garden. :)

o

Actually they are Double Camps. The pic was taken when they just started opening up and I went back outside today to check them, and they look just like your pics on the links! I will take some more tomorrow though.

I look forward to seeing the new pics of Double Camp. I read in another post that you had bought the DC from Colorblends. In looking at what they sell, I found a Single Campernelle which look exactly like the daff pictured above. The one pic above is so unique, as the cup of most blooms are usually ruffled a bit as opposed to being rounded.

At any rate, regardless of its name, it is a very sweet and unique bloom.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffodil Single Campernelle at Colorblends

o

If you read my post above, it says I bought them at White Flower Farms. Not Colorblends, only that you can get them at Colorblends too. :)

o
RE: OOps...not enough coffee yet

Yes, my confusion....sorry. I deduced from your reply in this thread that you had also made a purchase of 'some' daffodils at Colorblends too, so thought that might have been where the one pictured above came from since it looks exactly like a Single Campernelle at their site.

Anywho..Looking forward to seeing how the single looking daff pictured above developed to look like a double.

Sue...off for more coffee.

o

Schoolhouse, here is a pic of my statues. They are made and waiting to ship to me in the next couple of days. I can't wait to see them in person! :)

Thutmoses III statues

o

Did you order them from that website you posted in the Statuary Forum? Why are they sitting on a washer and dryer?? ha ha ha, well it just looks funny, sorry couldn't help it.

Thanks for posting the pics!

o

I wondered the same thing too! I noticed the washer and dryer and wonder...
Any how they look nice. I hope they will look nice in the garden though.
I will get more pics of the daffs tomorrow. I've been busy outside planting my Maria Stern rose. I'm all muddy and need a shower lol.

o

The Double Campernelles: Sorry about the blur :O

Double Campernelle Daffodils
Double Campernelle Daffodils

o

Sorry about the blur :O
Very pretty, anyway. Thanks for posting. It is nice to see bloom pics, as most are finished here for the season, or will be after the rains the past night and day.

Keep the pics coming...please

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here