Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot size for Tuberose?

Posted by musaboru (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 23:44

Hello folks. I am trying tuberoses again this year. And would like to know what is the smallest pot size you have had them flower in? I have clay pots which are a little bigger than a 1 gallon nursery pot. Is that size ok to get them to flower? I just receive the bulbs and they are about the size of a tulip bulb with many little offsets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot size for Tuberose?

One gallon is big enough. Give them plenty of water, regular fertilizing, and as much sunshine as you can get. If you are going to grow them in pots for several years you will need to divide after about two years, as they will fill the pot. Al

o

Thank you Al. I really appreciate your information. :):)

Good thing I dont have to get bigger pots..they are really expensive ! :)

o

Have another question, how long before they sprout? I havent seen any green yet since I planted them and am kind of worried I received bad bulbs from the company I ordered from...

o

I sowed mine in January (indoor), took a little over a month to sprout for me.

o

Tuberose are never really dormant, you will notice there is always a green tip to the bulb. They are not early risers, mine are in the ground and outside in pots and nothing is happening yet. I have in the past kept them inside and right through the winter without the foliage dying down, and they would be sending up bloom stalks by now. In the ground they bloom in the late summer here. Al

o

Here is what I know about tuberose. Soak in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes before planting. When you plant, the tips should be barely covered. When I do this they come up fast. don't plant in cold ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here