Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
viridiflora tulips

Posted by darobi2459 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 0:40

This is the second season for these bulbs for me. I have a few this year that Im not sure if it came from seed or perhaps the flower reverted (not sure if this is possible with tulips)? Cant see them in the pic, but there are 3 of them two similar to eachother and 1 that realy does look like a cross.

I dabbed some pollen off these guys onto my white doubles, hope it sticks :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: viridiflora tulips

Those sure are lovely. Looks like they might just still be around for Mother's day too.

o

Thanks, they might be at least some of them that pop up a bit later than the rest. Think I will order another bag of them this fall :)

o

I love that pink one. 'Virichick,' right? I had it once and it was totally cool. I love the green tulips but I wish they returned a bit better in subsequent years. I like how they are so late so you can extend the tulip season.

I definitely approve of getting another bag next fall. :)

o

Hi Karen, Yes I believe thats the right name. The variegated one is china girl that has pink too. I love the orangish one. It opens like an iris.

They came up better this year, but that may be because we actually had rain this spring lol. I got these off of amazon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here