Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Daffodil question

Posted by mkmagee Z6 (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 12 at 10:27

I have an overgrown perennial I'm redoing. I had a lot of daffodils in it that have bloomed and still have green foliage. I have dug up all the perennials and they are filling every available spare place I have to transplant anything. I have someone coming in to rototill the bed and it won't be ready for at least a week and a half.

The daffodils are in a cardboard box with the foliage spilling out the top. They are getting plenty of sun. Do the bulbs have to be in soil or are they ok until they foliage dies back?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Daffodil question

The bulbs need to be kept moist so can you cover them with soil, damp newspaper, grass clippings or something until they can go back in the ground? And I wouldn't keep them in full sun. Better in a cool shady spot.

o

Will do,,,thanks for the advice

o

Daffodils are the roots of almost all year round. When I transplanted them after the separation once again planting in the ground, without drying. This applies particularly to poeticus. Of course, you can keep them dry before planting, for example, to the fall. But it is better to plant them early, then they have more time to take roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here