Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Flowers Bulbs spreading everywhere!

Posted by mak09 6 (My Page) on
Sat, May 2, 09 at 11:50

There are hundreds of white flowers in my beds that have come up all on their own. They grow from bulbs, and each year there are more than the year before. The leaf is long and narrow, and the white flowers form a cluster of white blooms. How did they come to grow in my beds? They are almost evasive even though they are pretty. They bloom at the end of April and the beginning of May in Zone 6.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Flowers Bulbs spreading everywhere!

You have the much dreaded horrible invasive, impossible to kill Star Of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum) aka Flower from Hell.

Please see Invasive bulb in my lawnfor my rant, and pics, and tale of what will not kill them. They are my absolutely worst gardening nightmare, and I dig them out from late Feb, until sometime in May when the foliage totally disappears from site.

Sue...chemocurl

o

Years ago I had a similar invasive bulb problem with a different plant. Eventually I ended up digging and screening the soil to remove all the little bulbs. I was able to get about 95% of them before replanting the area. Al

o

Thank you for your answers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here