Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Spring pics

Posted by ladychroe z6 NJ (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 07 at 12:25

I hope you guys don't mind me posting some more spring pictures up here. My friends say, "What a lot of work that must have been!" and look at me like I'm nuts. They don't get it.

Front yard:

Feathery tulip mix and "Jack Frost" brunnera:

Huge Pink Impression tulip - somehow, I got a 100% return on them their second year. Very happy about that. They were planted 8 inches deep in very heavy clay.

Unnamed bearded iris:

Phlox subtulata, Banja Luka and Pink Impression tulips, and unnamed double daffodil that does not end up in the mud after a rain:

Tete a tetes (I think... can anyone confirm? There are 1-3 flowers on each stem):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Spring pics

Love the fringed tulips

o

Very nice pictures! Great colors and exposure.

o

Thank you for posting. I miss tulips, I had many in a previous garden but they don't get enough winter chill here. Your garden looks lovely.

o

I love spring flowers and never get tired of lookng at them. Great pictures.

o

gorgeous!!

o

You asked about the Tete a tete. If the picture was taken at the same time as the tulips - I would guess it is not Tete a tete. my Tete a tete is one of the first bloomers - long before tulips.

o

bautiful absolutely lovely

o

great! I love the pink impression shot, the flowers must be amazing!
Mine did well this year (3rd year) even with the miserable care I've been giving them. Unlike my other tulips they seem more interested in flowering again rather than multiplying.

o

What is the name of that tulip that is sort of rose/plum color? Could they be Purple Flag?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here