Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vintagegardener_gw

daffodil bulbs

vintagegardener
15 years ago

WOW this is for all the ebayers.Are you looking for some daffodil bulbs...Well then here is some for you...320251175861....... LOL

Comments (5)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

LMAO...Those aren't even daffodils. Makes you wonder how the seller could have the rating he/she does. Check out the smaller pics and you will see that it is maybe a daylily of some sort.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: scroll down for the completed auction.....

• vintagegardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That is so funny! What is this seller thinking? The bidder has to know that is a daylily or do they?

She has several auctions for her daylilies that they think is daffodils.

15 years ago

I'm sure there are folks out there who don't know a daff from a daylily. ...I guess the winning bidder knew no better.
    I was once asked what the yellow flowers were blooming everywhere in early summer. She said they looked like daffodils. I deduced that she meant the Stella Dora yellow daylilies. I fail to see much similarity, but to a non gardener, I guess the yellow flower, and the strappy foliage makes them look similar.

Sue

15 years ago

Well, being the busy body that I am, I emailed the seller to let them know that what they are auctioning and selling as daffodils ARE NOT daffodils, but likely a daylily. I wonder if they will pull the future auctions as they 'should'.

Sue

15 years ago

I heard from the seller...

thank you please ... let me know what they could be... i thought they were tiger lilys... but i just moved her 4 years ago and they were always green .. they never produce a flower.. so i looked online to find something similar... please let me know .. its greatly appreciated

My reply
    Hello again.

Well, they are not Daffodils and daffodils ARE NOT tiger lilies. Those are not bulbs either. In fact they may just rot once detached from the mother plant. Since it has never bloomed, it is hard to even guess what it might be. It could even be a weed of some sort.

MY suggestion...pull those off the auction as soon as possible. If you don't, someone may report them as fraud as they are not daffodils.

I suggest you take just one plant, plant it in a sunny location, with little competition from other things, and in time it will likely put up some sort of a bloom stalk as everything does. Until it blooms, and you can truly identify it, I don't think you should sell it. I'm sure unsuspecting buyers would indeed buy it...just as the last one did.

I see the auction ended today. I would explain to them it has been brought to your attention that they ARE NOT daffodils and that you are unsure just what they are...and that they have never bloomed. Chances are they will not want them...sorry.

Once you do ever see a bloom, feel free to email me and I will try my best to identify what it might be for sure.

Regards,

Now...who wants to watch and see if the other (non) daffs get pulled from the seller?

Sue...heading out to plant more until dark:30

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH