Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daffodils divided after bloom this year, sad looking

Posted by nicoleternity 6a (My Page) on
Fri, May 18, 12 at 13:52

Hi all,

A friend gave me some daffs after blooming and I planted them, but they flopped and look awfully sad. I'm going to leave them and see if they come back next year...

I'm wondering if there is anything I should do for them in the meantime? I was not cutting them back even though they are an eyesore, because I'm assuming that the leaves are necessary for them to come back next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daffodils divided after bloom this year, sad looking

Absolutely perfectly normal if you divided them. In another couple of weeks, the foliage will be all yellow and you can remove it.

They'll be just fine. They look sad now, and might not bloom well next year (or, they could), but in the future they'll be happy. They need to be divided when they get too thick.

o
RE: Daffodils divided after bloom this year, sad looking

Thanks - okay great :). Yeah my friends' were thickets of them, so that's why she had me come take some! These were INCREDIBLY hardy and happy to her house. Glad to know this is normal, I'll wait for the foliage to totally yellow.

Thanks again,

N

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here